Wednesday, March 15, 2006

WOOHOO!!!

Played 2 cash tables and got KK 4 times. Managed to get up to $394 and so was nearly up to the next level. I then decided to play my favourite tourney. As I've explained before it's a $5 + $0.50 tourney with a garanteed $2,ooo prize pool. This week there were 67 runners.

It all started well when I called a small raise with 88. The flop came K88 and the pre-flop raiser bet. I called. The turn was a blank and he went all-in. I gladly called and he showed AK.

After that, there wasn't much action for a while (except i folded 77 to a raise which also would've become quads and tripled me up!). I stole quite a few blinds on the bubble and managed to make it into the money with a decent stack.

However, then I started losing chips. Everytime I raised, someone would push and I would have to lay-down my marginal hand. However, I then got AA and just went all-in, hoping to look a bit frustrated. I got called by KJ and doubled up.

I didn't get involved too much at the final table, as I had a healthy stack and people were going all-in every hand. I managed to steal a few pots and then there were 5 left. At this point it took ages for anyone to go out. In the end I tried to take the blinds from the button with K7s. The BB called and the flop came 556. He checked and so did I. The turn was an 8 and he bet out half the pot. I called. The river was a 4 and he again bet half the pot. I raised him all-in, which wasn't much more, and he eventually called, showing KQ. Then I raised with AJs UTG and the SB pushed all-in. Although he was the short stack, he still had about half the number of chips as me. However, I was getting excellent pot odds and so I called. He showed 33 and the flop came 4 5 6, it looked bad. However, running diamonds gave me the pot.

The other two players then got all-in and it was heads-up. With blinds at 1k-2k, we both had almost identical stacks of 50k. On the second hand, I called the BB with 75o and he checked. The flop was 346 and I was just hoping he'd hit something! He checked and I checked behind. The turn was another 3 which wasn't ideal for me. However, I was still fairly sure I was ahead. He bet 3k and I just called, not wanting to scare him yet. The river was an A and he checked. I bet 5k, not thinking I would be called, but he check-raised me to 20k. I was obviously worried about a full-house, but as I had shown no strength I thought he might make this move with worse hands than mine. I pushed all-in and he called, showing 32o for trip 3s.

This is my biggest online win and definitely helped my bankroll! I know this challenge was supposed to be about cash-gaming, but to be honest I suck at cash games. Oh well, atleast I can now play 10c-20c.

Cash Hours = 24
Cash Profit = $157.75

Tournament Hours = 11.5
Tournament Profit = $481.50

Total bankroll = $689.25 (next target reached)

March 1st target = $200 - March 1st Bankroll = $316.36 = +$116.36
April 1st target = $400
May 1st target = $700

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home