Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Back to the grind

I got back from holiday late on Sunday night and I was looking forward to hitting the tables again! Last night I played for an hour and a half on Betfair and 15mins on Worldpx before I decided I was too tired. Here's the key hands...

- I get JJ in the BB. UTG raised to $1, and he was raising a lot of hands and so I didn't necessarily put himon a strong hand. It folded to me and I re-raised to $3.75 to gain information. He called. The flop was A-Q-J, almost ideal. I bet $5 and he put me all-in for another $11. I call and he shows QJs. +$17.80

- I get AKo UTG+1. UTG limps and I raise to $1.25. The same weak player on my left calls and it is folded to the button, who goes all-in for $3.40. It is folded to me and I figure I have a better hand that the player on my left, and so raise to $5.55, thinking I would probably isolate that all-in player. Weak player calls. The flop is Kh-9h-3. I bet $6 and he calls. The turn is another 9. I thinkthe payer on my left either has a weaker K than me or a flush draw. I push all-in, hoping for a call. He folds and the all-in player shows 10 10. +$14.25

- I get AA on the button. UTG+1 raises to $1 and the cut-off re-raises to $2. I call to disguise my hand. UTG+1 calls. The flop is A-J-6. UTG+1 checks, cut-off bets $2 and I should really raise to stop UTG+1 drawing. However, I just called. UTG+1 folds. The turn is another J. The cut-off bets $5, and I call. Theriver is a 3 and the cut-off bets $1.75. He only has $3.78 left and I put him all-in, but he folds. +$12

- I get Ac-Qs on the button. UTG raises to $0.75 and gets 2 callers. I call and the BB goes all-in for $1.15. Everyone calls. The flop is Jc-4c-3c. UTG checks and UTG+1 bets $1. This player was very loose. An MP player raises to $3.75. I figure I have a lot of fold equity and push all-in for $19. UTG+1 and MP both call. UTG+1 shows Kc-10d and MP shows 33. I hit another club. In hindsight I think I played this hand poorly. MP is re-raising on a suited flop and clearly has a good hand. Therefore I don't think I have that much fold equity after all. However, MP later said that he would've folded if UTG+1 hadn't called so who knows, but I did get lucky! +$39.75

- I get QQ inthe SB. UTG min-raises and the cut-of calls. I make it $2.50 and just UTG calls. The flop is a pretty safe looking 9-4-9. I bet $2 and he goes all-in for $13.28. I think he has an over-pair, and just hope my Q's are good. I call and he shows 88. +$14.93

- Session balance = $68.05

I think I am playing alot better now and don't feel at all like tilting. Therefore I will now move back up to 25c-50c and give it a go. When I was playing on PartyPoker, PokerTracker had me listed as Semi-Loose-Passive/Aggressive. Since playing on Betfair I have tightened up a lot, and that account is listed as Tight-Aggressive/Aggressive. While I'm not completely sure, this seems to be a good thing.

Cash Hours = 111.25
Cash Profit = $564.40 ($5.07 p/h)

Tournament Hours = 60.5
Tournament Profit = $1379.79 ($22.81 p/h)

Total bankroll = $1994.19 (next target reached)

July 1st - $1600
August 1st - $2200
September 1st - $3000

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home