Friday, February 24, 2006

Good start - MushyJim

Ok i started playing 10c-20c and the max. buy-in is $20 so i only have 10 x the buy-in so i will have to be carefull. I played 2 tables for an hour and had 2 big hands...

Hand 1
4 people limp, the SB completes, and i check on the BB with Q10o. Pot $1.20. The flop is QQ6 rainbow and the SB checks. I bet $1 and only the SB calls. Pot $3.20. The turn is a 3 and the SB checks. I bet $2.50 and the SB calls. Pot $8.20. I am now pretty sure he has a Q. The river is a beautiful 10 and the SB checks again. I have the nuts and bet $5. He cheack-raises me a further $7 and i go all-in (a further $4.20). He calls and shows Q3. I was pretty lucky on the river but i think he played it badly. If i didnt hit the 10 on the river i would've just checked behind him on the river.

Hand 2
It's the last hand before i quit and i am UTG with 7h6h. I raise to $0.70 just to mix it up, and the SB calls. Pot $1.60. The flop is Jc10h2h. SB bets out $0.40 and i raise to $1.50. He calls. Pot $4.60. Turn is 8s. He checks and i take a free card. River is Qh and SB goes all-in for $6. I'm fairly sure i have it won as he wouldn't bet this big on a higher flush. I call and he shows Q10o.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with the start. I can notice a massive difference with the play though. The play is so much tighter and probably harlf the hands just fold round to the SB.

Cash Hours = 11.5
Cash Profit = $78.42

Tournament Hours = 6
Tournament Profit = $98

Total bankroll = $226.42

March 1st target = $200 - reached!
April 1st target = $400
May 1st target = $700

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home