Wednesday, May 03, 2006

3rd in tourney

I played 3 STTs and didn't place in any of them, and then lost about $5 cash gaming on Party. Then yesterday I played in the $5 Titan tournament. There were 77 runners this week, and I really wanted to come first! It started well when I got AQo in the BB. UTG min-raised and the button and SB called. It is hard to make people fold in this tournament and so I thought I would see a flop. The flop came Q-4-8 and the SB checks. I didn't like the pre-flop raiser and button acting after me and so also checked. UTG went all-in for 820 (the pot was 320) and the button and SB folded. I thought for a while but ultimately couldn't fold. He showed KQ and I won a nice early pot.

It all went well from then on. However, people were playing so slowly near the bubble that the blinds became huge, with the average stack only having an M of 2.2. I tried to steal a few and ended up pushing all-in in the cut-off with J7s, not expecting a caller. The BB did call with AJs and I got very lucky to river a flush.

At the start of the final table I was again short-stacked, but still with an average chip stack, with about 10k with blinds 2k-4k. I pushed on the button with QJs and the blinds folded. Next hand I get AA and again push when it was folded to me. The SB (big stack) obviously didn't like me 'stealing' his blinds, and called with QJo. After that I was chip leader.

I was pretty card-dead after that and ended up going out to 10 10 when I was trying to steal the blinds with A2s. However, 3rd paid $200 and so I was pretty pleased.

Cash Hours = 66.5
Cash Profit = $281.17 ($4.23 p/h)

Tournament Hours = 44
Tournament Profit = $945.25 ($21.48 p/h)

Total bankroll = $1276.42 (next target reached)

May 1st - $700
June 1st - $1100
July 1st - $1600
August 1st - $2200
September 1st - $3000

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home