Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Wondering what level to play - MushyJim

I only had half an hour to play after work. Usually when i don't have long to play, I end up playing very impatiently and lose. Therefore i decided to play 5c-10c again just in case. I joined 3 tables and on the very first hand i picked up 76o. There were about 6 limpers and the flop came A66. I checked and someone went all-in for $4. I called and they showed AQ. I took the pot.

On all 3 tables the play seemed to be this bad, and i'm thinking now that it may be more profitable to stay at the 5c-10c game. I'll give it some thought and decide later.

Cash Hours = 12
Cash Profit = $93.86

Tournament Hours = 6
Tournament Profit = $98

Total bankroll = $241.86

March 1st target = $200 - reached!
April 1st target = $400
May 1st target = $700

5 Comments:

Blogger UrBluffingMe said...

I play at the .25/.50 limit games on UB. My limits are now and always will be determined by my bankroll. I regularly crush these games and believe that there is very little difference between the .25/.50 and .50/1 games. But I am forcing myself to play within my BR.

4:41 AM

 
Blogger UrBluffingMe said...

By the way, I did receive both your comments. I have my blog set up for approval of comments required. I didn't approve your comments because they were not related to the articles and you obviously didn't read my blog, because the information you asked for is in plain site on almost every post :)

4:45 AM

 
Blogger mushyjim said...

I think i have read every one of your entries, and you're right i did see the stakes you play after i made the post. How do you set your monthly targets? I read about 6 blogs to pass thetime at work so I do get confused.

1:23 AM

 
Blogger UrBluffingMe said...

Well, first off I need a 300BB bankroll to jump up to the next higher limits. My next target is the $.50/1 limit games, so I will need $300. Keep in mind that I know there in not much difference in the skill level between these limtis and the limits I am currently playing.

I almost sure that I can safely sit at the .50/1 with what I have in my BR now. It is purely a disciplinary thing. I want to start to develop good BR management habits early.

As far as what I go by for setting target dates. I try to get in about 15-20 hrs play a week. I try to maintain ~2-3 big bets per hour earned. I just did the math and figured how long it should take me playing 15 hours. This way, if I run hot or get in a few more hours a week, I may hit my target early. I may adjust this in the future, but since this is my first target and I haven't hit it yet, this is what I am using now.

3:42 AM

 
Blogger mushyjim said...

Isn't 300 BBs very low? I've heard you need 20 buy-ins which is usually 2,000 BB. I am playing with only 10 buy-ins at the moment and i thought it was a little risky.

4:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home