Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Tournaments v Cash

Played a few mins of 2c-4c just before the tourney started and was up a few $'s, mostly from when I tried to introduce hammer time and ended up hitting trips against AK on a k75-7 board. Then the tournament started. I've lost a bit of confidence at the moment and so decided to play pretty tight. As it happened I was getting horrible cards and so had no choice but to play tight.

On bubble time the blinds were massive and I picked up a couple of good hands, like AKo and the unbeatable J9s, and managed to take a few blinds and got a reasonable stack. When the bubble burst, the blinds were 200-400 and i was coming about 18th out of 30 with 2k in chips. I then got AK in the BB and it folded to the SB who called. I decided to push, because if I was called I was fairly sure I was ahead, and if not then it may stop people stealing by blinds. However, the SB with a similar stack instantly called with K10. The first card out was a 10 and i didn't catch up. Session balance = +$17.21

I am now really considering giving up cash games. If you look at my stats, I average a pathetic $3.46 p/h in cash games and $26.69 p/h in tournaments. I am therefore strongly considering changing this challenge to become based solely on MTTs and STTs. I'll give it some more thought.

Cash Hours = 43
Cash Profit = $148.89

Tournament Hours = 24
Tournament Profit = $640.50

Total bankroll = $839.39 (next target reached)

March 1st target = $200 - March 1st Bankroll = $316.36 = +$116.36
April 1st target = $400 - April 1st Bankroll = $863.62 = +$463.62
May 1st target = $700

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home