Thursday, May 04, 2006

First good 25c-50c session

The girlfriend was watching Desperate Housewives so I thought I would spend that time productively and play 4 tables of 25c-50c for an hour. Here's how each table went...

Table 1
- buy-in - $50
- got AA and won a small pot - $52.40
- UTG and UTG+1 both limp. It is folded to me on the button and I am lucky enough to pick up 72o in this dream situation. I raise to $2.75 and it is folded to the UTG player. He min-raises to $5 and UTG folds. I have position and the second strongest hand in hold 'em, so I can't pass up those pot odds. However, I know that 72o is ultimately, like AK, a drawing hand. Therefore I call and see a flop. The flop comes 8-2-9, which is fairly good for my hand. However, he bets $8 and I am forced to fold - $44.15
- top-up - $50
- get AKo in the SB. There are 2 limpers and the cut-off makes it $2. I call, as does 1 limper. The flop comes K-8-4 rainbow, and I check. The other caller bets $0.50 and the pre-flop raiser raises to $4. I need to find out where I am in the hand and so I raise to $9.75. The other player folds and the original raiser calls. The turn is a 6 and I bet $10, thinking I am ahead. He calls. The river is a 5 and I can't really put him on the 7 for the straight. However I call, planning on calling a bet. He checks and shows K10s - $76.40
- another hand where 72o lets me down. I pick it up in the SB and it is folded to me and I complete the BB. The BB checks and the flop comes down A-J-6 rainbow. I check and the BB bets $0.50. This looks a weak bet, and I can't put him on a big hand after just calling pre-flop, and so I raise to $2.25. He calls. The turn is a 9 and I bet $3.75. He raises to $9 and reluctantly I have to fold - $65.90
- end up $9.55

Table 2
- buy-in - $50
- I don't get involved for a while and then I pick up KK in mid-position. There is 1 limper before me and I make it $2. The player on my left makes it $5 and it is folded back to me. There is always a danger of AA but I have to take these chances. I make it $14 total and he calls. The flop is 8-7-3 with 2 spades, which looks pretty safe (aslong as he doesn't have AA!). I bet $15 and he goes all-in for $31.30 total. Although I think he has AA, I have to call as I am getting about 5-1 pot odds. I call and he shows QQ - $91.05
- get AKo in the BB and there is 1 limper, the SB folds. I make it $2 and he calls. The flop is A-K-7 and I check. He bets $$2 and I make it $6.75. He folds - $94.90
- lose a few small pots and then I get AA UTG. I limp and a mid-position player min-raises to $1. The BB calls and I make it $4. Only the mid-position player calls. I betthe flop and he folds - $95.35
- end up $48.85

Table 3
- buy-in - $50
- I get QQ on the button. UTG limps and UTG+1 min-raises to $1. It is folded to me and I make it $2.50. The blinds fold and they both call. The flop is Q-J-8 with 2 spades. They both check, and as there are lots of draws on I have to bet. I bet $6 and they both fold - $55.60
- get 93s in the SB. There are 3 limpers and I call. The flop is 3-8-3 and I check. It is checked round. The turn is another 3 and I min-bet. 2 players call me. The river is a 7 and I check. The first caller checks and the 2nd bets $2. I want to raise big but make it look small, and so I raise to $9.99. He calls and shows A2 for A high! I don't think I played this hand well at all, but nevermind, it worked - $66.84
- the very next hand I get 55 on the button. UTG and UTG+2 limp and I call. The blinds call/check. The flop is 5-K-3 rainbow. It is checked to me, and as the flop doesn't look threatening, I check too. This was maybe a mistake, as you shouldn't give free cards without the nuts. The turn is a 10 and the blinds check. UTG bets out $0.75 and UTG+2 folds. There are now 2 hearts out, and straight draws, and so I raise to $3.50. The blinds fold and UTG re-raises me to $6.25. I make it $15 and he goes all-in for $35.25. The only things I can worry about are a higher set and possibly a big draw, like QhJh, but I have to go for it. I call and he is drawing dead with AKo - $104.09
- the very next hand I get 66 and make a set, but don't win a big pot - $107.09
- I have QcJd on the button. UTG, MP and the button all limp, SB calls and I check. The flop is 10-2-9 all diamonds, giving me an open-ended straight draw and flush draw. It's still a scary board though. SB and I check, and UTG bets $2. Only the SB and I call. The turn is Kc, completing my straight. However, I still don't want to get carried away with the hand. SB checks and I copy. UTG bets $5. This to me looks like he is trying to chase out flush draws and therefore doesn't have a flush himself. SB folds and I call. I hope the river is a non-diamond that doesn't pair the board, as I think a bet by me would look like a bluff and I was fairly sure I had the best hand. However, the river was 6d. I still thought I was probably good, but felt there was no benefit in betting, as I would only becalled if I were beat. He checks and shows Q10o for a pair of 10s - $113.69
- end up $65.94

Table 4
- buy-in - $50
- no wins or losses over $5 on any hand
- I call a few raises with pocket pairs but never set
- I get AA but win a tiny pot
- end down $9.30

Session balance - $110.99

Cash Hours = 67.5
Cash Profit = $392.16 ($5.81 p/h)

Tournament Hours = 44
Tournament Profit = $945.25 ($21.48 p/h)

Total bankroll = $1387.41 (next target reached)

June 1st - $1100
July 1st - $1600
August 1st - $2200
September 1st - $3000

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home