Saturday, July 22, 2006

Odds and Sods

Played a lot of random things and here's how they all went...

Bodog MTT
144 started and I was doing well until I made a stupid mistake. I can't quite remember it but I ended up coming 21/144 for a massive $5.64 ($1.24 profit!)

Party Step 3
Very early on I get KK in the BB. The blinds are 15-30 and the cut-off makes it 150. I make it 500 and only he calls. The flop is 9 high. I check, hoping he has an overpair which isn't AA. He goes all-in for 1500 and I insta-call. He shows 88. From then on it was pretty plain sailing and I ended up wining the seat in the $165 Step 4.

Party Cash Game
10c-25c, 6-handed. 1 table, 30mins.

I have not played a 6-max table for ages but I was playing an STT and wanted some fast action so thought I'd give it a go at a lower level. It was amazing! You can get great reads on people, aggression actually makes people fold, and I caught quite a few nice hands. Here's the key ones...

- Get a9o on the button. There are 2 limpers, both very weak, and so I make it $1. Just the limpers call. The flop is Jh-5h-2 and the first limper bets 25c. The other limper calls. Every single time the first limper has min-bet, he has folded to a raise. I try the trick again and make it $1.50. The min-better folds and the caller calls. The turn is Ah. He checks and I bet $4, he calls. I now fear a flush. However, he checks a 9 on the river and so I doubt he has a flush. I put him all-in for $4 and he calls with A4o = +$10.73

- get 8c5c in the BB and the tightest player raises UTG+1 to $0.75. Another player calls and so do I. The flop is 8s-8-Js. I check and the raiser bets $1.50. The caller calls, and I make it $4. The original raiser goes all-in for $36 and the other player folds. He either has AA, KK, AsXs or JJ, and I am beating 3 of the hands and so call. The turn is an A, and I worry I just got sucked out on, but he shows KK and I take the pot = +$36.15

I did get very lucky with my hands but also 6-max seems so much more enjoyable! I will give it more of a go at the 10c-25c level and see how I do.

I also played a few other random heads-up etc but nothing too exciting.

Session balance = +$63.86

Cash Hours = 133.75
Cash Profit = $909.78 ($6.80 p/h)

Tournament Hours = 70.75
Tournament Profit = $1469.53 ($20.77 p/h)

Total bankroll = $2429.31 (next target reached)

August 1st - $2200
September 1st - $3000

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home