Tuesday, July 11, 2006

1 big pot, the rest was shit

PartyPoker, 25c-50c. 2 hours, 3 tables.

- It all started so well! I'm in LP with 33. UTG makes it $2 and I call. The button then makes it $6 and UTG calls. Although I would not normally call a 12xBB raise with 33, there are a few reasons why I did here. Firstly, someone raised from UTG = strong hand. Secondly, someone re-raised = strong hand. Thirdly, I'm definitely ending the betting. Therefore I believe that if I hit I can definitely stack the button, and therefore have implied odds of 14.5-1 compared to 7.5-1 to hit a set. So I call and the flop is 2-3s-Qs. UTG bets $10, I call, knowing the button will raise, and the button goes all-in for $56.15. UTG calls all-in and I call. The both show KK. IDEAL! They need running Qs to plsit or one needs running spades to take the pot. The turn is 9s but the river is a rag = +$96.25

After this though I could not hit a hand! Every continuation bet was being raised, every flop missed, it was crazy. The biggest amount I lose in any pot on all 3 tables was only $5.50, but I lost so many $2 and $3 pots it was crazy. I did win one other hand though, which I think I should've extracted much more value from...

- I get 95 in the BB. There are a couple of limpers and I check. The flop is 9s-6s-5 and I bet $2.20. I get 1 caller. The turn is a 9. I check and he checks. The river is a Q and I bet the pot ($7.55) hoping for it to look like a bluff. However, he min-raises me. For some reason I am convinced that he has Q9 and so I just call. He shows 55 = +$18.40

I did however play enough hands to earn my bonus! Woohoo! I hope they run this bonus scheme every month, it's always nice to get $100 free.

Session balance = +$48.41 (+$100 bonus)

Cash Hours = 131
Cash Profit = $871.44 ($6.65 p/h)

Tournament Hours = 67.5
Tournament Profit = $1467.34 ($21.74 p/h)

Total bankroll = $2338.78 (next target reached)

August 1st - $2200
September 1st - $3000

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home