Saturday, August 19, 2006

Frustrating Sessions

Played a fair amount of hands yesterday and it just didn't go my way! Here's the key hands...

- get 77 in MP and limp after an EP limper. The flop is 7-6-2. The limper bets $2 and I make it $5.75. He calls. The turn is a 4 and he goes all-in for $11.35. I call and he shows 99 = +$17.30

- I get KK in MP and make it $2.50, and only the BB and an UTG limper call. The flop is Q-10-5. It is checked to me, I bet $5 and they both call. The turn is an 8. The Bb checks and UTG bets $8. I make it $20 and the BB moves all-in for $42. UTG folds, and although I'm fairly sure I'm beat, I'm getting 4-1 odds to call. I call and the BB shows J9 = -$50.30

- I get 22 in the BB. There are 2 limpers and I just check. The flop is K-Q-2. I bet $1 and a limper calls. The turn is another Q. I bet $2.50 and he calls. The river is an A. I bet the pot, $8, and he moves all-in for $19.14. Again, I think I'm beat, but I'm tilting slightly and call. He shows AQ - hmmm, runner-runner = -$31.14

- I limp in MP with 55. There are 2 other limpers and the BB makes it $2. We all call. The flop is 2-5-6. The BB bets $5 and just I call. The turn is a 6, not ideal for me as it may well kill my action. He bets $5 again and I call. The river is a K. He bets $5 and I raise all-in, he folds = +$20.05

- I raise in MP with AhKh and just the BB calls. The flop is 5s-6h-7h. He checsk, I bet $2.75 and he raises to $7.50. He only has $7 left so I put him all-in and he calls, showing 22. The turn is an A and the river is 9h = +$15.18

- MP raises to $2 and gets called. I re-raise in the SB with KK to $5.75. It is folded to the raiser and he makes it $15.50. Knowing how it's been going tonight, I know he has AA but I can't bring myself to fold. I push all-in and he calls showing AA = -$45.50

- UTG min-raises, there is a caller and I call in the cut-off with 5s4s. The button also calls. The flop is 6-5-4. UTG checks and the caller bets $4. That is a strong bet, and I don't think he wants to be called, so I make it $15. He re-raises to $53 all-in and I call. He shows 99 and he misses = +$45

- I raise on the button to $2 with AKo and get 3 callers. The flop is 5-2h-9h. It is checked to me and I bet $3.75 and just the limper calls. The turn is a 4 and he checks. I put him on a heart draw and so bet $7.75. He min-raises and I fold. One absolute truth in low stakes poker is this: If a player limps pre-flop, then flat calls a raise, then check-calls on a low flop and then check-raises on the turn, there is a 99.99% chance that he has a set. = -$13.50

- I raise in EP with 7c6c and get 2 callers, 1 of which is the SB. The flop is 2-9c-10c. The SB checks and I make it $4. The caller min-raises and the SB folds. I am probably tilting because I push all-in for $50. He folds = +$11.40

So there it is. I now feel pretty pissed off, but I can learn from that. I'm not really sure any of the hands that I lost alot on could've been avoided. Maybe I could've folded my 22 on the river, and I could've slowed down with my KK on a relatively scary board, but i do think they were pretty tricky decisions. Overall I am not too upset that I ended these sessions down $48.68, because I think that I played some of the hands that I won quite well. Now just need to get back on winning ways!

Cash Hours = 149
Cash Profit = $1051.57 ($7.06 p/h)

Tournament Hours = 71.25
Tournament Profit = $1468.38 ($20.61 p/h)

Total bankroll = $2569.95 ($430.05 to next target)

September 1st - $3000

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home